Here are 30 inspirational quotes my colleague Anna Tabakh, Quinn VP, sent to me at a time when I needed to hear them. If at least one of them kindles your spirit — ignites your soul — I'm glad we shared. — Florence
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world.
- Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.
- To love and be loved; To be understood and to understand; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; This is the meaning of success.
- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well.
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
- It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
- As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
- Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and move on.
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, etc…
- In life, if you don’t risk anything, you risk everything.
- Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
- There isn’t anything noble about being superior to another person. True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
- Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
- Sometimes people don’t notice the things others do for them until they stop doing them.
- Don’t listen to what people say, watch what they do.
- Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.
- When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.
- Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems; look for someone who will face them with you.
- No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- Many people are so poor because the only thing they have is money.
- It’s better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder.
- Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.